Monday, January 21, 2013

Elder Collins

Family!!
Wow sports stats...max really slacked off this year. 
 Well its kind of funny because the other day someone started talking about the NFL. I completely forgot that its probably playoff time. Then I realized its actually probably almost playoffs for basketball then I got trunky talking with another gringo about sports. I havent done that for awhile. I guess thats a sign that im sort of lost in the work. So this week we have just been trying to get people committed to come to church. I cant lie, im frustrated with the people here. Everyone had committed to come to church. Like 8 people and only 2 came. Its the most frustrating thing I think about Iquitos. I cant get them in the dang chapel. They all promise to come and we call them the night before and all is ready and they know we are going to pick them up and then nothing! Makes me want to punch a baby in the face. :) I kind of feel like I am in a rut right now. In other news, its been raining everyday after 5pm. Gettin some good use out of my boots. I did a couple of my first baptismal interviews this week. It sure is awkward asking a 13 year old kid if he has ever had a homosexual relation before..but hey someone has to do it. haha. I now do training every Tuesday with my district. I also did a work visit with Elder Mossman, he´s one of my friends from Sandy and he went to Hillcrest. We should have 3 baptisms this next week as long as they pass their interviews. Its almost the month of carnavali when all the little kids throw water balloons at everything. I think they are starting early this year because im already seeing water balloons flying around. Well I hope your all great! I love you all have a great week! love reg

No comments:

Post a Comment